Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson By Louise Rennison - BOOK OR MOVIE?

Time for me to determine once and for all which is better, the books or the movie for the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison.

The books were very cute and entertaining, they really made you feel like you were going through the journey of growing up with Georgia. I laughed, I actually cried (when her cat, Angus, was hit by a car) and each book made me crave more.

The movie on the other hand was true to the books until about halfway through when it almost seemed like it was completely rewritten for screen. I think the movie was banking on the fact that fans of the Georgia Nicolson series of books would want to see the movie, but I feel like they disappointed its' true fans by straying so much from the plot. There were too many books in the series to be able to cram the whole story of Georgia Nicolson into one movie. Maybe that's where the makers of this movie went wrong.

My ratings for the books vs. the movie are as follows:
THE BOOKS: 8/10
THE MOVIE: 6/10

The Winner:
THE BOOKS

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (adult) (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson)






1 comment:

  1. An added note...I just discovered when adding the photo-link of the book from amazon, that the first two books that contained two novels each under the titles of:
    Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
    and
    Further Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
    were the adult covers. I guess Louise Rennison did put some thought into how embarrassing it would be for an adult to be seen reading some of her titles!

    ReplyDelete