Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Suggested, Future Reading...

As I've stated before, I'm ALWAYS up for reader suggestions for books and movies that I should review on my blog. This suggestion came from @Readnotsleep via twitter (you can follow them there, and/or check out their blog at http://readnotsleep.blogspot.com/ ).


Book: It's Kind Of A Funny Story
Author: Ned Vizzini


Movie: It's Kind Of A Funny Story
Release Date: September 2010


I read the summary on Amazon.com, and this is what I got from it... 
The book is about a teenaged boy who suffers from depression and takes it to the extreme when he tries to commit suicide. Since the children's ward of the psychiatric hospital is closed due to repairs, his only choice is to be admitted to the adult ward. The book is a journey through his thoughts, his relationship with the other patients, and his recovery.


It sounds like a good read, and I look forward to reading it closer to the movie release date. Thanks for the suggestion @readnotsleep ! and let us know how you enjoyed the book.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about Ned Vizzini, definitely want to pick up a book of his. And Youth in Revolt has been on my TBR list for a while, gotta get that one too. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete